Welder / Fabricator (Workshop) – Vacancy
Newton Forge Ltd is a market leader in historic restoration and replication of a wide range of traditional metalwork along with the fabrication of new and contemporary designs. We are looking for an experienced welder/fabricator to join our busy and well-established company. Having been trading for over 40 years, the company has expanded considerably and is now looking for new team members to join our skilled team. We are looking for someone with fabrication and welding experience.
Working in either one of our two workshops, your duties could include:
- MIG/TIC/ARC welding
- Must be able to putty glaze to a high standard
- Able to operate drilling, cutting, and turning machines
- Site fitting
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Ability to work effectively to tight deadlines
- Ability to take instructions and work as part of a team
- Other workshop duties as required
- CSCS Card (desirable)
What you will receive:
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- 28 days holiday (including public holidays)
- The opportunity to work on prestigious projects with some of the UK’s largest construction companies
Due to the location, the candidate must have their own car and must hold a valid driving license.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Initial interviews may take place via WhatsApp or video link. Shortlisted candidates will be required to come into the workshop to carry out a weld test before the final selection is made. Candidates must have their own welding helmet.