Museum of the Home- how we work with architects
Newton Forge have worked for some of the most important clients, who sign off on all our designs before manufacturing. An Architects drawings are a vital key, they not only help demonstrate the finish result but also provide details in which we can quote and manufacture from.
Due to our reputation in heritage restoration we are often contacted by architects for advise on the best methods and materials, their recommendations has lead us to be appointed as the metalworker on some of the most rewarding projects.
As an example of one our architecturally lead projects; during 2019 we were awarded a sub-contracting role at Museum of the home in London , where we have been working alongside Quinn London (main contractor) and Wright and Wright architects, Following the architects designs we created the below metal work elements for the project:
- Red keystones, which was accompanied by steel handrails
- Fire staircases
- a Corten steel structure
- Manufactured and installed the main copper sign, which included an LED lighting system for the letters. This metalwork element also involved laser cutting
- Front Railing, Posts & Display Case (3 of)
- Handrail with LED lighting
- Louvre style railing which we fixed to the newly constructed external walls
- Removal, shot-blasting, prime, top-coat, repairs and fitting a set of 2x double gates
- Public furniture
- Cantilever Gates, installation of sliding gates 2x; 5m and 7m.
Architects and designers Architectural metals – Wikipedia
If you require any architectural metalworks, such as railings, gates , staircases ,handrails, windows or any other metalworks, Then we would love to support you throughout the journey of your project. Please get in contact with us and our helpful sales team and estimators would be very happy to help you.
For more information on our architectural metalworks , check out our page- Architectural Metalwork | Newton Forge